Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Math Slam... Have you heard of it?

There are Poetry Slams, so why not Math Slams?  

Have you heard of a Math Slam?  Probably not, because I made it up!

My students are each taking a turn at being the teacher in these final weeks of school!  They are picking from a long list of math concepts we've learned this year... After choosing their topic, they prepare a short lesson and teach the rest of us!  

Some topics include:
Comparing & Ordering Fractions
Place Value
Long Division
Adding and Subtracting Decimals
Elapsed Time

So far, they are having a blast with it!  They are very creative teachers indeed!  I have enjoyed being the student along with them in our final days together.  We all add the new notes to our "Super Mathematician Notebooks," and then I am ready to send them on their way to 5th grade!  Ok, well, I'm not actually ready to send them on, but I'll cross that bridge when I must.


No comments:

Post a Comment