Monday, August 13, 2012

FANTASTIC 5th Graders!!!






Wow.  I miss them already.  We had our Back-to-School Bash tonight.  I must admit, however, that my heart is a little heavy at the thought of my 4th graders, last year's 4th graders, going on to 5th grade - this week!  Many of them stopped by my room this evening for a quick hug and a chat, and I found myself missing them terribly.  They looked so grown up, and several of them have grown a foot this summer!  I got to hear about baseball tournaments, football practices, summer camps, and family vacations.  Of course, a few of them asked me if I was still a UK fan, even though they knew the answer!  


Last year's class was so, so special.  So unique.  We became a family and had an amazing bond.   They looked out for each other.  They gave back to the community.  They felt safe enough with each other to take risks - big risks. 
They became leaders.  It was an incredible journey to take with them.  I cannot wait to see where they go from here.  I'm excited to see how they change the world.  Just wait and see - they will. 



So, my precious FIRST 4th graders - now 5th graders - I thank you for the beautiful, amazing, journey we took together last year.  I miss you already.  I'm proud of what you have done.  I'm proud of who you are.  I'm proud of where you're going.  Go change the world!


Ms. Beard's Class - May, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment