Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Bucket is Overflowing...

My students are the best.  Seriously.  My amazing student teacher, Megan, told them about my participating in the #INeLearn Flipped Class Conference on Saturday in Indianapolis.  Well, somewhere along the way, they made me this beautiful card.  When I read it, I cried.  I had to reassure them that my tears were HAPPY tears!  I told them that my bucket was so full that it was overflowing.  It really was! 
There are moments when this job is so overwhelming that I wonder when I will ever complete all the items on the to-do list.  Will I ever catch up?  It's so tough.  But, those moments are small compared to the countless times when my fantabulous 4th graders fill my bucket throughout any given day.  Wow.  Just wow.
At the end of the day, as the students were leaving, one of my boys came up to me and said, "Good luck, Ms. Beard.  You'll do great!  We believe in you." 
Well, needless to say, the tears began to flow again...

My card traveled with me to Indianapolis, as a gentle reminder that those precious young people believe in me.  All I had to do was share what we do every day, and that's easy peasy!


1 comment:

  1. Hi DeLyn -

    I have been trying to contact you regarding your blog design but have been unable to reach you since our last decision was made. Can you please email me?

    Thanks!
    Honey Bunch Blog Design

    ReplyDelete